A Strong Team Of Legal Advocates
Cheryl Lin concentrates her practice primarily in immigration law. She handles a wide variety of immigration matters, including but not limited to: family-based and employment-based adjustment of status, waivers of inadmissibility, removal and deportation proceedings, asylum and withholding of removal, battered-spouse petitions, U visa applications, naturalization, and Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals. In addition, Ms. Lin counsels clients on the immigration consequences of criminal convictions and post-conviction relief in criminal court.
A licensed member of the bar in New Jersey and New York, Ms. Lin regularly appears before the Executive Office for Immigration Review and U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. She also handles appeals to the Board of Immigration Appeals, the U.S. Court of Appeals, and the Superior Court of New Jersey, Appellate Division.
Ms. Lin has been active in providing information on legal rights to immigrant communities. For example, with the federal government’s announcement of temporary administrative relief, known as Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals in August 2012, Ms. Lin gave a presentation to potential applicants on the procedures of filing applications before USCIS at Union County College. Ms. Lin has also devoted her time to workshops at Rutgers University to help eligible permanent residents to apply for citizenship.
While in law school, Ms. Lin served as a legal intern at the Seton Hall Immigrant Workers' Rights Clinic, where she was named Outstanding Clinical Practitioner for her successful representation of women with young U.S. citizen children. Additionally, Ms. Lin interned at Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Newark, where she assisted crime victims to obtain U-visas and represented clients before the Immigration Judge.
Ms. Lin has been selected as a Super Lawyers Rising Star in the area of immigration law since 2012.
Ms. Lin is fluent in Spanish and conversant in Taiwanese.
- New Jersey, 2009
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 2009
- New York, 2010
- Seton Hall University School of Law, Newark, New Jersey
- J.D. - 2009
- University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- B.A. - 2005
- Honors: magna cum laude
Honors and Awards
- Selected as a Super Lawyers Rising Star in the area of Immigration Law
- Hall University School of Law, Outstanding Clinical Practitioner
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New Jersey Bar Association
- Asian Pacific American Lawyers Association, New Jersey Chapter
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
Past Employment Positions
- Seton Hall Immigrant Workers' Rights Clinic, Legal Intern
- Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Newark, Immigrant Assistant Program, Legal Intern