A Strong Team Of Legal Advocates
Mr. Soto concentrates his practice in the areas of personal injury, criminal defense, bankruptcy, commercial and civil litigation. He also handles all aspects of commercial and residential real estate matters, including but not limited to zoning, planning, acquisition and financing.
While in law school, Mr. Soto served as an intern for the Honorable Anne E. Thompson in the United States District Court of New Jersey, as well as, the Essex County Prosecutor's Office. Mr. Soto began his legal career as an Assistant District Attorney in the New York County District Attorney's Office. There he was charged with the prosecution of felonies, misdemeanors and violations of the law from the point of arrest through to conclusion. Mr. Soto has tried numerous civil and criminal matters before juries of New York and New Jersey. Mr. Soto has handled many personal injury matters and has successfully recovered millions of dollars for clients who have suffered injury as a result of the negligence of others.
In addition to his civil and criminal practice, Mr. Soto handles numerous matters before the Bankruptcy Court. He assists individuals and small businesses to navigate through insolvency proceedings as well as reorganization. Mr. Soto also handles commercial and consumer real estate matters. He has tried these matters from partition to partnership disputes before the Chancery Courts of this State.
Mr. Soto is fluent in Spanish and lectures regularly at seminars focusing on the purchase and sale of residential properties, bankruptcy and criminal law and has a regular featured column in a local periodical. Mr. Soto has been featured as a commentator on local radio stations and sat for television interviews for stations such as Univision. Mr. Soto is passionate about his profession and thrives on his ability to positively impact his client’s lives. Outside of the office, Mr. Soto enjoys spending time with his lovely wife and three sons.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Criminal Defense
- Commercial and Civil Litigation
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
- Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey School of Law - Newark, Newark, New Jersey
- J.D. - 1989
- John Jay College, City University of New York
- B.A. - 1986
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Association for Justice
- The New York State Trial Lawyers of America
- National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys
- National Hispanic Bar Association
- New Jersey Hispanic Bar Association
- Bergen County Bar Association
- Passaic County Bar Association
Past Employment Positions
- New York County, Assistant District Attorney, 1989 to 1993
- Federal District Court for the District of New Jersey, Honorable Anne E. Thompson, Senior United States District Judge for the District of New Jersey, Intern, 1988 to 1988
- Essex County Prosecutor's Office, Appellate Division, Inter, 1987 to 1987